Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Wednesday, December 28, 2005



Home For Now

We spent several hours in the Emergency Room with blood cultures, blood counts and antibiotics. Her counts were still rising, so we were able to go home (arriving home at about 3:30am). Rebekah woke up about 6 and mom had to check in on her and then both girls were up by about 8:30. Grandma A came about 9 and helped watch both girls, so mom could try to sleep a little.

Rebekah had to go back in for another dose of Antibiotic at 2, so mom couldn't rest too long. Grandma A took Sarah home and kept her Tuesday night. Dad took Mom and Rebekah to the hospital and then headed into court. While at clinic, we were able to visit a little with Josh and his mom April. They were frustrated and still hoping to go on a little vacation with the family, but not sure if they were going to be able to. Rebekah got her dose of antibiotic and the blood cultures weren't growing anything, yet. Then mom and Rebekah went to visit Kennedy's parents.

Kennedy is in ICU and she and her family could use your prayers. With us being sick, we were not going to get anywhere near Kennedy herself, but we wanted to let them know we were thinking about them and praying for them. We were able to talk to Kennedy's dad for a little while. Kennedy is apparently doing a little better, but doesn't look very good. They seemed to be holding up ok.

After clinic and court, Mom, Dad and Rebekah did some shopping (Christmas exchanges) and then had dinner with another Christian Attorney and his family (Mark and Monica and their two girls who are close to Rebekah and Sarah's ages). It was nice to have a "normal" dinner out with new friends. The first 10 minutes or so of the ride home, Rebekah was inconsolable. I'm not sure why, exactly, she was incolable but she finally settled down and fell asleep for a while in the van.

My (mom's) cold is still pretty bad. I've been taking medication for it and trying to get as much rest as possible (which isn't really that much), but it isn't helping much. Rebekah woke up at about 5 this morning and when I went to get her some medications, I felt terrible - like I was going to throw up or pass out. I sat down in the kitchen for a few minutes, but Rebekah kept hollering "Mama" from the other room. I got myself up and walked into her room with the syringes of medications, but didn't feel any better. I went back into bed and woke dad up to give her the meds. Rebekah wasn't real cooperative with him, but finally decided to help him and then things went much better. I'm feeling a little better now, but not much.

In a little while, I will take Rebekah to Grandma M's house and then go see the dentist for a cleaning (that will be fun with this cold - but it has to be done) and then pick both girls back up and come home.

The week is kind of "in the air". If the blood cultures start showing anything, we may need to go back in for a different antibiotic. That could mean a clinic trip, ER trip or admission. Our appointment for Thursday was cancelled, since we got her counts Monday night/Tuesday morning. If she gets another fever (above 100.5), we will need to call and see what we need to do. We can't plan too far ahead this week. Such is our life!

8 Shared:

At Wednesday, December 28, 2005 10:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

sorry to hear that mommy is not feeling good, and that Rebekah not feeing good too :(
praying for the best, and praying that next year will be a better year for all :)
huggss
janice

 
At Wednesday, December 28, 2005 10:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Glad no hospital stayover,wohoo. Praying for mommy to feel better. Praying for you all.

 
At Wednesday, December 28, 2005 11:25:00 AM, Blogger Alison Left a thought...

And again I say praying.....

 
At Wednesday, December 28, 2005 12:26:00 PM, Blogger Deb Left a thought...

As I read each post every day --it amazes me that in the midst of everything that Rebekah is going through --and all that it takes to maintain her care --you still manage to keep a sense of "normalcy" in your days --whether it's exchanging Christmas gifts, having dinner with friends, stopping to visit a friend in the hospital, carpeting the playroom, etc.!

I can't help but think that if I were in your shoes, I might just have to roll up in a ball and cease to live normally because I'd be so depressed and overwhelmed.

You are to be commended for hanging in there and living each day to the fullest!

Please know that you continue to be in our prayers always!! We're praying especially for Frances today - that your cold would go away!!

Because He Lives,
Deb

 
At Wednesday, December 28, 2005 2:27:00 PM, Blogger mommyguilt Left a thought...

Oh, I am so glad to hear you are all home again. You had us worried. So sorry to hear, Mom, that you are even more run down by this cold.

I keep my prayers for you continuous, for all of you. You have all made me just a tad bit stronger, I think. Now, when I'm having a hard time with SmallBoy or with any other troubles in my life (and I'm having a rough one with my sis), I just remember how strong you are.

I keep finding the plaque I have hanging in my house, that I bought while going through my divorce, that says, "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee." I cannot get over how much I find strength in that, and in my other blogging moms, and now, especially, in you, your family, and Rebekah!

Love, prayers, strength, and peace to all of you!!!

 
At Wednesday, December 28, 2005 5:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hi Rebekah and family
Hopie that Mom is feeling a bit better and Rebekah doesn't need to stay in hospital
Big hugs to all.

 
At Wednesday, December 28, 2005 5:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

praying always!!!

 
At Wednesday, December 28, 2005 9:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I am agreeing with all others in their comments, but am praying extra for the health and well being of mom. You are so brave and loving. Glad that Rebekah didn't have another hospital stay. Someday soon this will all seem like a bad dream. Trusting in God for you. Leanne from Pa.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...