Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Thursday, October 20, 2005



Another Day/Some Findings

Another okay night followed by lots of throwing up and more diarrhea this morning.  This is getting pretty old, especially for mommy.  

Last night’s labs came back and Rebekah has a colon/intestinal infection called “C-Diff” (which is all I have gotten from mommy so far this morning and not even sure that we have that right).  It is pretty highly contagious BUT (no pun intended) easily cured/protected from by proper hand washing after contact with Rebekah or anything that comes out of her.  We are switching antibiotics to something that attacks this more directly.  Doctors are not holding out much hope for leaving in the next couple of days.

Really difficult on us is that Rebekah needs to be kept away from little kids who can’t take proper precautions (like keeping their hands out of their mouths without washing).  Unfortunately that means no contact with baby Sarah which usually helps Rebekah a lot.  We are definitely going through Sarah withdrawals – I think daddy more than anyone!  

Emotionally I am doing a bit better than yesterday.  The 20 month old baby boy is still alive, which I was not sure was the case yesterday, and really in need of prayer.  Not sure where we go from here.  Not sure when we do it.  Frustrated at the lack of control (as always).  

2 Shared:

At Thursday, October 20, 2005 11:29:00 AM, Blogger steve Left a thought...

my heart is with you today Scott and Francis. I am so sorry that you are going through this but I am completely strengthened by you guys. You show so many people your faith and that gives them strength.

I can make my Saturday free it you need anything from me. You have my email. Let me know what I can do.

 
At Thursday, October 20, 2005 12:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Scott, I have been checking in with your family by way of this website for quite a while. I am in awe of the strength and faith that you and Frances exhibit. I feel for your struggle and the need to be able to have a "normal" minute.

When our son was born at 3lbs. with with CP and seizures we didn't understand why we were being punished. Why was God mad at us? What did we do to deserve this?

During one of my darker days, a mentor told me that we didn't DO anything and God wasn't mad. Quite the contrary, actually. It was because of WHO we are that Steven was given to us. This special kid was given to us because we had the faith, the marriage, the family and the support system to handle him and the "stuff" that came with him.

I can tell by your daily stories that you have "IT" too.

God be with your family every step of the way.

Chris Baidenmann (Heritage Christian School)

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...