Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Wednesday, October 19, 2005



Help, Please and Prayer Request

It’s funny when so many people have asked to help and then now, when we actually need something, we can’t figure out who to ask specifically.  To be honest we are REALLY tired of frozen dinners and hospital food.  When we left home the fridge in the trailer was completely empty except for some frozen dinners and the cupboards bare except for the regular canned food that is always in there.

We could really use a home cooked meal or two.  It seems stupid when we have the cafeteria and the cupboards actually have stuff in them (in other words we are not starving and can always go to the store or restaurant) but there is just no “love” in any of that.  

In addition, we could use someone who is REALLY WELL – NOT SICK AT ALL to maybe stay with Rebekah for an hour or two so that mommy and daddy could maybe have a meal together one evening.

Right now it looks like we are not going to get out of here until Saturday at least and we are getting frustrated with that and emotionally drained.  It’s even hard to ask for help at this point.  

Finally, please keep a 20 month old baby boy who is in the burn unit (and his family) in your prayers as he has really grabbed onto daddy’s heart right now and daddy is pretty hurting over these “strangers.”

6 Shared:

At Wednesday, October 19, 2005 1:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I'll be up tomorrow around noon and drop off some spaghetti, salad, and bread. I'll drop it off with Scott at the trailer.
Wyla

 
At Wednesday, October 19, 2005 3:24:00 PM, Blogger Heather Left a thought...

Sorry I haven't been back to see you guys - life got crazy. I am swamped today and tomorrow but could come up and give you a break on Friday, any time after 3.

Let me know if that will work for you. And I am completely healthy, not a sniffle on or near me lately.

 
At Wednesday, October 19, 2005 4:40:00 PM, Blogger Queen on the run Left a thought...

I wish I was closer. I am praying that you get lots and lots of homecooked meals. That Rebekah stops vomiting and that her blood count goes up. I will add the little boy to those prayers also. God bless you, and those who posted comments before me!!! How sweet of them:)

 
At Wednesday, October 19, 2005 4:47:00 PM, Blogger Pam Left a thought...

If only I could jump on a plane, I would be there in a heart beat. God bless you all as you continue to struggle through this season in your familys life.

 
At Wednesday, October 19, 2005 8:06:00 PM, Blogger Jojo Left a thought...

Just checking in after a few days. So sorry to hear things have not been good. I can't imagine how exhausted you all must be.

I wish, like the others, that I lived close enough to bring you some home-cooking. I will continue to pray for all your needs and especially for little Bekah to get better.

Father God, it hurts us so much to see/hear how this little girl (& so many others) have to suffer because of this world. Please be with her and her family and give them rest, & strength. Please give them some good food, surround them with your love and care and give Bekah's parents a little time away. Father, continue to heal her little body and restore her to a healthy state.

Please be with the little boy who is badly burned. I cannot even imagine the pain he is in. But you know how bad it is Lord, so please bring him relief. Protect him from infection. Please surround both he and Rebeccah with good Doctors and nurses and everyone else who is involved in their care. May each one be drawn closer and closer to You. May they have a deeper faith because of Who You are and may all that they go thru bring Glory to the name of Jesus. It's in His precious Name I pray - Amen

 
At Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:56:00 AM, Blogger Jenn Left a thought...

Your story has moved me, even though I don't comment often, I check nearly every day to see how Rebekah (and mommy and daddy) are doing, and I pray for your family. My middle son was burned badly as a baby (10 months) and spent 2 months in hospital. God was faithful to us, and restored him to perfect physical health with minimal scarring. My prayers to the family of this little boy you met as well. My home cooked meals consist of macaroni and cheese - But I would make it for you in a heartbeat - with loads of love ;)
The sun did not always shine so brightly for our family, but God IS faithful - your sun will shine again. Stay strong.
-jennifer

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...