Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Tuesday, September 20, 2005



Seeing My Girls

Just got back from lunch with my girls.  Rebekah is pretty doped up as they gave her some versed to help with putting in her catheter.  Debbie had brought Sarah over to visit and Rebekah was not aware of much but WAS aware that Sarah was there and even held her sippy cup up to offer Sarah a drink.

Sarah was being rambunxious (sp?) and running all over the wing, trying to climb out of Rebekah’s bed and generally being a wild one year old.  

This whole round of drugs and chemicals will continue throughout the week and Rebekah may or may not be affected by it this week.  In the past she was waited until after we were home before the effects of this set started to hit her.  Let’s continue to pray and hope that all goes well.  Hopefully Rebekah may even be up for a wagon ride or two around the hospital later this week.  Any takers?

6 Shared:

At Tuesday, September 20, 2005 2:41:00 PM, Blogger Katie Left a thought...

If I could I would be there in a second for a wagon ride. Prayers will have to do for now.

 
At Tuesday, September 20, 2005 3:28:00 PM, Blogger Alison Left a thought...

If only I were closer.....prayers will have to suffice.

 
At Tuesday, September 20, 2005 3:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Dear Rebekah, and family-
I heard about you through Steve Sporre. My daughter Emili, who just had her 3rd bday on the 8th has been praying along with me that the Lord bless Rebekah, and heal her body. I can not imagine what it is like for you all to be going through this horrific time.
I don't understand, but all I can do is pray that she be healed. I would love so much to come and see you all. Emili would just love to meet Rebekah, and help to give her a wagon ride. We are in Newberg. So if you want to email me and let me know your thoughts that would just be fantastic.
You all are in our thoughts and prayers all through our days.
In Christ's love,
Toni and Emili

 
At Tuesday, September 20, 2005 3:51:00 PM, Blogger {LyndsD} Left a thought...

totally continuing to pray! I would love to go on the wagon ride too... there in thought!

 
At Tuesday, September 20, 2005 4:13:00 PM, Blogger Ileana Left a thought...

If only you lived closer, I'd be on the list for the wagon ride. I am so excited to hear good news about Rebekah. Every day is a blessing! I will continue in prayer.

 
At Thursday, September 22, 2005 4:54:00 AM, Blogger Jenny Left a thought...

ohhhh if ONLY I was not in Michigan and were closer to you all! I so give the best wagon rides. ;-)

Praying for all of you during this round of hospital visit and treatment.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...