Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Saturday, December 08, 2007



It's Rebekah's Birthday and...

...our house burned down today. Not totally to the ground, but uninhabitable and a total loss inside. The girls and mommy got out okay and went to a neighbor. Daddy got what he could out of the house and then helped with whatever direction he could with the firefighters (his own department). The girls playroom will need to be totally rebuilt and all their toys in their are pretty much destroyed.

We're not sure where we go from here but will let you know as we can. Prayers, please. And prayers for scan results next week. We don't have our house but we have each other and we don't want that to change.

-Scott

Edited to add: The morning after. Things are not going real well emotionally (as I am sure you can imagine.) Going back inside is very difficult. Today the salvage people should be here and we will find out where we really are. Here is a link to a short video daddy's fire department's photographer put out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StlgiPLr8fU

The girls playroom. Heat, smoke and water damage:

14 Shared:

At Saturday, December 08, 2007 10:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Happy Birthday to Rebekah. Two years ago would we even imagine we would be saying that? Today was a bitter sweet day for you, Rebekah gained another day and you lost your house. I believe today God cleansed your home of cancer I know you know what I mean. I pray that you find peace and trust God. Everything is going to be okay! Our God is an awesome God! Thank you for being such great friends,your love and friendship leads us, and know that we are here for you.

God Bless all of you,
Mindy and Family

 
At Sunday, December 09, 2007 1:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I'm so sorry to hear this news. Will be praying for your home and for the scans. I hope Rebekah managed to have some fun on her birthday despite this.

 
At Sunday, December 09, 2007 1:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I am so grieved by your loss today. I am asking God to bless you seven fold all that you have lost today. God will bring blessings to you and glory to himself out of this situation. Praise God that you are all okay and the best blessing of all will be no more cancer for this family! Call on us we are here for you.

 
At Sunday, December 09, 2007 1:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Just thinking - is there anything I can do to help? I am far away in the UK but maybe you might have a fund where I could donate to help buy Rebekah and Sarah new toys or something?

 
At Sunday, December 09, 2007 2:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Happy Birthday Rebekah!
I'm sorry for to hear the news that you have reported in your blog, I will be sure to keep you all prayed up. I'll pray for your home and for the upcoming scans.
Please keep us posted on how everything is going.

Love,
Sarah Mathia

 
At Sunday, December 09, 2007 3:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Sunday, December 09, 2007 3:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I really do not have any words to say accept im sorry that all this happen to such a good family. How much more can scott and his family handle. Thank god everyone is safe.

 
At Sunday, December 09, 2007 10:02:00 AM, Blogger amelia Left a thought...

I am speechless and in tears. My heart and prayers go out for your family.

 
At Sunday, December 09, 2007 11:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Oh my goodness! We are so very sorry about your house and seeing the girls' beautiful playroom like that just broke my heart and brought me to tears. Please let us know if we can do ANYTHING to help you guys. We will pray...

Also, we will pray for clear scans. Kennedy goes in once a month to see if her cancer has returned so I get the stress and anxiety thing.

And HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DEAR, SWEET REBEKAH!!! We wish her a very happy, very blessed year...

Thinking of you always,
The Duval Family

 
At Sunday, December 09, 2007 1:54:00 PM, Blogger Sue Z Left a thought...

I'm so sorry that this has happened to you. While I know that your faith will carry you through ... the stress of constant challenges can be exhausting. My prayers are with you and your family. Can you set up a page where those who want to help can contribute via paypal? We're all in this life together and need to help one another out ... no matter how small the contribution.

 
At Sunday, December 09, 2007 3:32:00 PM, Blogger Aggiema (Michelle) Left a thought...

So sorry for the lost of your house. Grateful that you realize that you still have all the most important things. God has carried you through rough times before and will see you through this too. Hang in there!

 
At Sunday, December 09, 2007 4:00:00 PM, Blogger Trwaldo1 Left a thought...

Our heart and prayers are with you!
The Waldron's are here to help and serve (though I will not do any scrwing, with out pre-drilling!)let us know what we can do, I've sent out prayer lists to everyone I know, and contacted Brandy too. We are here and lifting you up!

Love,
Tracey

 
At Sunday, December 09, 2007 8:06:00 PM, Blogger Valerie Left a thought...

So sad to hear about this - what a huge loss for all of you. And very, very stressful. I shall keep all of you in my prayers. And a happy belated birthday to Rebekah.

 
At Monday, December 10, 2007 5:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Happy Birthday Rebekah!!! I am SO happy you all got out OK. I've mostly lurked on here without comment, watching this brave little girl fight cancer amid a loving, Godly family. Now I'm truly aghast. I know God will sustain you, but I just ache for you all in my heart. I'm praying for Rebekah's scan results, and for God's continued provision in the lives of your family.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...