Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Tuesday, May 16, 2006



Sharing a Room, What Fun!

Rebekah and Sarah continue to share a room. Today, I moved Sarah's dresser and diapers into "their" room. Bed time (and nap time) can be fun with both girls getting out of their beds, roaming around the room, getting clothes out of the dressers, etc...

Sunday night, was especially difficult. After an hour of putting them back into their beds I finally had to separate them, so Sarah went to the crib until she fell asleep (after that I moved her back to the bed). They were well past tired and just wouldn't cooperate. Sarah seems to be the bigger troublemaker. Rebekah was trying to go to sleep, but Sarah was making it difficult for her.

At times, both girls have said they wanted to go night night during the day. So I've put them in their room and watched to see what would happen. It seems as though they just want to play in their bedroom. So how do I know if they really need a nap, or just want to play.

I was hoping to get Rebekah in this week for her Panorex and Chest Xray. So far, it hasn't worked out. I haven't given up hope, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it accomplished. Friday, we go in for her MRI (and attempt the Panorex and Chest Xray, if we don't do them sooner) and then Tuesday we have our clinic appointment to check on the results. Please pray for clear scans as well as peace of mind for us while we wait. I'm trying hard not to live in fear, but I can't help but worry some.

Rebekah's hair is continuing to come in. There is definitely an area around her left ear that isn't coming in (or has only a few stray hairs) and she still has limited eye lashes and light eyebrow on the left side. Once her hair grows longer, the "comb over" method will probably cover it up, except for the eye. If you look at the right side, you might not notice anything was wrong.

I'm sure there is more to tell, but I'm tired and not able to think well. I guess I'd better run off to bed.

2 Shared:

At Wednesday, May 17, 2006 7:57:00 AM, Blogger jel Left a thought...

will say a prayer for both!


hang inthere :)


God's blessing

 
At Wednesday, May 17, 2006 4:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

You guys are never far from my thoughts and always in my prayers. If you need anthing please let me know. Caron

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...