Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Wednesday, January 25, 2006



Nothing Comes To Mind


Last night Music Therapy came around and you can see the joy that it brought Rebekah. It was really cute.

I can't recount for you the day's events because I have been trying to get some work done out in the trailer. What I can say is that I am SO blessed by being able to be here and feel so much for other families where one parent (or both in some cases) is not around during treatments.

Yesterday two different times Mommy called and said that Rebekah really wanted to see daddy or was asking for daddy. It was such a delight to be able to drop everything and run (Literally) across the parking lot, through the hospital, and up into her room and hold her, kiss her etc. I did spend quite a bit more time yesterday than usual in the hospital and that is good.

Monday night was also interesting. I had spent a fair amount of afternoon time there and about 6:30 came back to the trailer to try and do some more work. What I started doing, however, is reading some past blog entries as well as some blogs from the other cancer kiddos. About an hour and half later I couldn't see through the tears and had to go back to the room and hold my little girl. She wasn't in much of a being held kind of mood but that was okay as what she wanted to do was run around the hospital dragging her IV Pole in tow. Again, I was so blessed to be able to be close enough to fix my emotions with a visit; not every parent can do that.

As always, we want to thank the Dunham's for taking such great care of Sarah and allowing us the hospital time to focus on Rebekah's (and our?) needs. And we also want to thank Grandma A for spending last night with Rebekah so mommy and daddy could have some alone time together in the trailer. I think the last time we actually had alone time without having to worry about the girls was... got me?

Today Debbie is bringing Sarah back later this morning and we are going to get her first hair cut. We are going to Shami, a friend of Grandma A's, and the same person who cut Rebekah's hair all off before the chemo. I am sure that will bring back some memories as well.

Thank you for your prayers, comments and support. I am really excited that it looks like we will just about end this last week of chemo with 50,000 visitors to this site since treatment began. WOW. PLEASE continue to check up and to share this and www.HelpRebekah.com with others. Numbers are not everything and we know that but they are dropping off - HelpRebekah hardly gets 10 hits a day anymore.

5 Shared:

At Wednesday, January 25, 2006 9:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hi Scott,
Just want you to know that I read your blog daily to know how to pray for you all. I don't have a lot of computer time, so don't often respond, and when I do it's usually anonymous. I'm bettin' there are many others out there who do the same. In any case, mom keeps saying she needs to call for an appointment to update you on her situation, but she hesitates knowing how precious you time is with family. Maybe I'll press her to go ahead and give you a call in the next week or so. Reading the blog daily makes me feel I know you all so well and here I've never even met any of the family (in person), except you. Keeping you all in my prayers, especially Rebekah. ~Jo Petersen

 
At Wednesday, January 25, 2006 10:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hi Rebekah and family
Nice to see that beautiful little angel enjoying herself.She has a wonderful smile that brightens up my day when I see it.
Big hugs to you all

 
At Wednesday, January 25, 2006 12:02:00 PM, Blogger The Complimenting Commenter Left a thought...

What an amazing story and post. I am truly blessed for being sent here to compliment you guys. The little moments seem so great and the hearts that you all have is inspiring.

 
At Wednesday, January 25, 2006 12:40:00 PM, Blogger Tammy Brierly Left a thought...

What a beautiful picture of your little angel! My prayer's are with you all. XXOO

I put Rebekah in my blog, I hope it helps.

 
At Wednesday, January 25, 2006 1:44:00 PM, Blogger Rebekah Christine Left a thought...

Thank you Tammy. We generally don't comment here but I can't find any other way to get back to you personally. Thank you for putting Rebekah on your blog.

I don't know if you have read much here but Rebekah's grandfather (and a significant number of close relatives) suffered from Familial ALS. The small portion of your blog that I have read was very difficult for me. The music on your website as well as your situation is very close to home.

I can't even pretend to have words to say.

-Scott (Rebekah's Daddy)

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...