Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Thursday, June 16, 2005



We're all home

Finally about 10pm we made it home. Rebekah received her antibiotics and her red blood transfusion. She did ok with it. Today, she had a few spurts of about 10 minutes at a time where she was active and acting normal as if nothing was wrong. However, most of the day she wanted to just rest - mostly in mom's arms or lap (if possible). It was nice to get the lovin', but really breaks my heart to see her feeling so crummy. She really didn't eat or drink anything today. That has me a little concerned. I was finally able to get her to drink some of my water this evening.

Our friend Karen went with us to the hospital today and was a great help. Thanks so much! Karen could keep Sarah busy, so I could love on Rebekah. Or she could play with Rebekah while I fed Sarah or loved on her. It is always great to have a second adult to help out. It was a long day.

Grandma C stopped by for a little while to check in on us and give us a hand.

The low grade fever combined with the low counts are a concern. With low blood counts, she might not be able to fight an infection. The low hemoglobin can really cause the lethargic feeling and lack of energy. Some kids will spike a fever while receiving a transfusion, so we were a little concerned about that. The transfusion took 4 hours and they kept us for a half hour after the transfusion was complete to make sure that she wasn't getting a fever (at least not yet). We still need to keep a watch on her temperature and if it goes to high we'll be going back to the hospital.

Please pray that she will awaken in the morning feeling better and be willing to eat and especially drink tomorrow. I worry about her becoming dehydrated. Also, pray that she will have no fever. Thanks for all of the continued prayers. I'm sure that I'm probably rambling, so please forgive me. I wanted to make sure there was an update here for those of you who waiting on pins and needles. I'm exhausted both physically and emotionally. It has been one of those days.

2 Shared:

At Friday, June 17, 2005 7:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Thank you so much for keeping everyone updated. I am sure you are all exhausted and this is probably the last thing you want to be doing, but we appreciate it.

The Shannons

 
At Friday, June 17, 2005 7:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Rebekah, Scott, Frances and little Sarah-
First of all, we have been praying for you all day and night. When I called people yesterday to pray for you, many said that you all had been heavy on their hearts the last couple of days and have been praying steady for you. Grandma Adams said that in the middle of Wednesday night she was awakened and prayed for Rebekah. I am glad that I did not end up coming by this week as I had planned, because I have a terrible sore throat and cold as of yesterday.
I love you all!
TT

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...