Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Friday, March 28, 2008



Not A Good Way...

...to end the week.

In February they were supposed to have done a Head MRI and a Chest CT. They somehow got the orders mixed up and did a Head MRI and a Head CT - both were clear. We finally got the Chest CT made up today.

We were not home for too long when the oncology office started calling. The first time we did not get to the phone and they did not leave a message. Then they called again. Our doc, thankfully, was very much to the point. "We have a problem." he said. He went on. "Multiple 7-9mm 'tumor type' nodules visible in the lymph nodes and lungs."

Before calling us they had already talked with the surgeon. The surgeon won't cut into her without further tests as the areas are so "deep" that it is "going to do severe damage." He wants more confirmation tests on "what and where" he is going after.

Right now they are trying to schedule us for a CT/PET scan "as soon as possible" but it is now after 5:00 on Friday so we are pretty sure we won't hear anything until Monday.

It has definitely been a roller coaster week.



24 Shared:

At Friday, March 28, 2008 5:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Unbelievable. Praying!

 
At Friday, March 28, 2008 7:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Thank you so much for having the strength to share such disturbing news. I wish hugs were transportable...Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.

 
At Friday, March 28, 2008 7:26:00 PM, Blogger Aggiema (Michelle) Left a thought...

praying

 
At Friday, March 28, 2008 9:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Not the news I was expecting when I checked in tonight...I was hoping that the eye patch issue was continuing to improve.

My heart hurts even considering the possiblities that you are facing. Please know that we care for all of you deeply and we will be sending many prayers to the ears of God on your behalf. Rebekah is such a precious girl!

Thinking of all of you...

 
At Friday, March 28, 2008 10:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I'm praying too, precious family.
Not the news I was expecting at all either.

~KelliW

 
At Saturday, March 29, 2008 6:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

God works miracles and there is one waiting for your sweet girl.

 
At Saturday, March 29, 2008 8:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

We will pray, pray, pray...Thank you for always sharing and keeping us updated. The Spidal's send their love to you.

 
At Saturday, March 29, 2008 9:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

More prayers being said.

 
At Saturday, March 29, 2008 11:13:00 AM, Blogger Trwaldo1 Left a thought...

We are here, lifting Rebekah up in prayer. Our hearts are heavy with yours, our thoughts are for you. May the LORD give your peace and comfort during this time. With Love, Tracey and the Boys

 
At Saturday, March 29, 2008 1:05:00 PM, Blogger Debbie Left a thought...

We are in Paris with the family, but you can bet that our thoughts are now with you. I have tears in my eyes and wish there was something I could do to make it all be okay. We will all be sending best wishes your way.

 
At Saturday, March 29, 2008 2:56:00 PM, Blogger JodiTucker Left a thought...

Praying now after a crying spell.

 
At Saturday, March 29, 2008 4:04:00 PM, Blogger Valerie Left a thought...

Oh, I can't even imagine. I wasn't expecting this, either. Please know that you'll be in our thoughts and prayers (I'll let my Sara know about this, as she really fell in love with your girls when we met last year), and I'll put you on the prayer chain through our church. Take care, and God bless you with strength and courage as you face this next battle.

 
At Saturday, March 29, 2008 5:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

You are all in my thoughts and prayers! Today, I looked at pictures from when you guys were in town, and I had to smile! The girls are precious. We love you and miss you.

Bethany Tucker

 
At Saturday, March 29, 2008 11:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

We are PRAYING, PRAYING, PRAYING!!!

 
At Sunday, March 30, 2008 12:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

My heart goes out to you all, and my prayers as well.

Love,
Sarah Mathia

 
At Sunday, March 30, 2008 1:43:00 PM, Blogger Kari Left a thought...

Hi, I don't personally know your family, but I've been following Rebekah's journey for quite some time. I've felt compelled to comment many times, but being a "stranger" to y'all, I never have. However, today after I checked in, thought I would just add my prayers to everyone here. May God's peace be with you all!!

 
At Sunday, March 30, 2008 4:58:00 PM, Blogger Robyn Left a thought...

She's such a beautiful girl and you are such an amazing family. This is not the news any of us want to hear... and I know there's nothing I can say to make it better. We're watching, waiting and praying with you.
Robyn

 
At Sunday, March 30, 2008 5:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Praying in NC.

 
At Sunday, March 30, 2008 5:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Thinking of you and praying. Let Brad and I know if we can do anything. Love Dinah Wells

 
At Sunday, March 30, 2008 5:59:00 PM, Blogger Deb Left a thought...

Believing with you in prayer!
God is on the throne - still!
He has Rebekah in the palm of His hand.

....praying continually for you all!

 
At Sunday, March 30, 2008 7:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I will be praying for Rebekah and for God's perfect peace to comfort and guide you through this. Without a doubt He is the God of healing and miracles and my prayers will be for both of those things.

I have been following your journey for awhile without posting but I want you to know that your strength, faith and courage has been an inspiration to all. Although you don't know me and I haven't posted before you have been in my prayers and will continue to be. Thank you for sharing your story and letting your testimony be a guide for us all. Blessings, Beth

 
At Sunday, March 30, 2008 8:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers! Praying for the best outcome for Rebekah.
In His Love and Blessings,
annb

 
At Monday, March 31, 2008 12:26:00 AM, Blogger my4kids Left a thought...

I am praying for you! I just heard the news from Melenie. I have followed Rebekahs story for a long time now but not sure if I've commented before.

 
At Wednesday, April 02, 2008 12:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Praying for Rebekah daily. God bless you all.

Cleveland, OH

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...