Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Friday, March 04, 2011



Going Home To Jesus

I went home to Jesus last night. Well at least towards Jesus. In a dream. No, I didn't dream about Frances going home to Jesus, I dreamt about me going home. It was a dream, but yet it was more than a dream. It was surreal, powerful and by the truest sense of the word, awesome.

It started out in the dining room with Frances sitting at the table and the girls around her. I needed to leave but I didn't want to. I came and talked with her. I remember being afraid of asking questions in front of the girls but did it anyway. I asked Frances if we had made sufficient plans for her support and that of the girls. I asked her if she was going to be okay without me. And what seemed most important to me is that I wanted to know what she was going to do for the funeral.

Instantly I jumped to outside. It was early morning and the warming sun was out. It was bright yet crisp and just a wiff of fog was at ground level. There were chairs set up in a line in front of a coffin in front of a row a trees; my coffin I assume. I didn't see any of the people there. I guess I don't really know if there were even people there as I had my back to the gathering - it didn't do so at the time but this bothers me now. I was walking away from the scene through the tall, wet grass. I felt like an animal going into the woods to lay down and die.

Before I could lay down I was pulled out of my body. I was flying up through the sky and it was warm and brilliant. The beautiful vibrant colors of the earth disappeared beneath me and then everything was blue, then white. It kept getting more intense. I never saw anything more except brightness but I was saying "Jesus I feel so unworthy to be in your presence." At the same time I was singing "Holy Holy Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty" over and over again.

And then it stopped and I was awake, WIDE awake. I looked at the clock and it was 1:30am. I was scared and listened for Frances' next breath on the ventilator afraid it wasn't going to be there, afraid that instead I would be hearing alarms. I went through what I would tell the girls and whether they would go to school today. I felt emotionally and physically drained as if I was recovering from a whole body seizure.

I know what I was thinking and I know what I was feeling. But now I don't know what to think nor what to feel. I am empty.

8 Shared:

At Friday, March 04, 2011 8:40:00 AM, Blogger Cheryl Left a thought...

Wow, Scott, that is so powerful! I wonder if our God gave you that dream to encourage you or let you get an idea of what an amazing experience it will be for Frances when she is called home. I'm following your story and will continue to pray for you and your family. Hang in there, you have so many people who love you.

Cheryl (Becky B.'s sister)

 
At Friday, March 04, 2011 6:00:00 PM, Blogger Natalie Left a thought...

Scott, this is so awesome. Just let it be. The Almighty is with you. I suspect that you have been shown the light so that you may not fear for Frances. Our hearts, love, and prayers are with you.

Natalie

 
At Saturday, March 05, 2011 8:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Beautiful. I started crying before I even fully opened the post thinking Frances had gone home to Jesus. I still am. I can't even begin to fathom the pain and stress of what you are going through now and will be, but that vision of going home to Jesus is such a beautiful one. God's way of reminding you that he will take care of hi daughter, your beloved wife, when he calls her home.

 
At Saturday, March 05, 2011 12:13:00 PM, Blogger Cheryl Left a thought...

It's me again... I just wanted you to know what a blessing your post was to me today. I was able to hold my mother-in-law's hand as she passed away this morning and I kept thinking about your description of your dream. She was a believer and I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that she is seeing Jesus face-to-face this very moment. Thank you again for sharing...

Cheryl

 
At Saturday, March 05, 2011 12:33:00 PM, Blogger Rebekah Christine Left a thought...

Cheryl - we are humbled and our hearts and prayers go out to you and your family.

 
At Monday, March 07, 2011 1:05:00 PM, Blogger Debbie Dunham Left a thought...

I'm speechless (and that doesn't happen very often). Thanks for sharing, Scott.

P.S. I'm praying for wonderful news from Rebekah's scans today.

 
At Wednesday, March 09, 2011 1:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Earth is a wonderful place, and leaving it is by powerful forces. We do not need strength, the Lord provides His; all we need is trust, faith. How cool of you to share this experience; your credibility and words are powerful, Scott. Thank you. KOB

 
At Wednesday, March 09, 2011 9:21:00 PM, Blogger Lora Left a thought...

Scott, your faith is strong and that is a beautiful thing and sometimes that faith manifests itself through our dreams and visions. There is a message there and my interpretation of it is very positive. We do love you and the family and our thoughts and prayers are always with you.

Lora and Griffin

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...