Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Thursday, August 12, 2010



Updates on Mommy

A quick update. Daddy is home for a few hours and then off to court at 8am and back to mommy at the hospital. He will be there with her tomorrow and we'll have lots of decisions to make about feeding tubes, ventilators, etc.

As daddy cannot post new threads here from his phone, but can comment, please look to the comments on this thread for updates over the next few days.

6 Shared:

At Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:26:00 AM, Blogger Rebekah Christine Left a thought...

Daddy got to the hospital this morning after a short hearing in Court and mommy was in A LOT of pain (9/10). Frustrated he spoke with the nurse. Mommy is now sleeping somewhat soundly. More peaceful than she has been in 5 days.

 
At Thursday, August 12, 2010 12:22:00 PM, Blogger Rebekah Christine Left a thought...

They only discharge 1 person a day. :) Today's not our day and tomorrow is not looking too good either. :(

 
At Thursday, August 12, 2010 2:09:00 PM, Blogger Rebekah Christine Left a thought...

From daddy. Ok, I officially have lost it. I have not felt these emotions since Rebekah was in the hospital and not likely to make it. Forgive me if you get voice mail or I don't do any more work today but I can't talk to anyone with bawling.

 
At Thursday, August 12, 2010 3:49:00 PM, Blogger marimjg Left a thought...

Praying for you harder than ever. I am shocked at how fast things have changed, it was only a couple weeks ago we met for dinner. I hold all of you in my heart and feeling very emotional myself. I pray that God will comfort you all, as I know only He can. You have many around you that care deeply, I know I'm not alone on that. We will be here ready to do what we can. Love and God's peace to you. Mari Gottwald

 
At Thursday, August 12, 2010 6:22:00 PM, Anonymous Marie Left a thought...

I cannot even imagine what you are going through right now. All I know to do is pray for you and I will continue to do so. Thank you for the updates.

 
At Thursday, August 12, 2010 7:40:00 PM, Blogger Rebekah Christine Left a thought...

It's preliminary at this point but the plan is looking like surgery for mommy tomorrow to put in a feeding tube and possibly a permanet catheter. Given her poor respiratory condition she will have to be intubated and if they have any issues with that she will need to be in the ICU for ??? days coming out of surgery.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...