Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Tuesday, August 10, 2010



Please Pray

Mommy is not doing well.

She has not been able to breathe sufficiently since Sunday and has been in respiratory distress. Neither she nor daddy have been able to sleep hardly at all for 3 days now and it is wearing both of us out, but mainly mommy.

We don't know whether this is a result of her lung function having diminished to this point, of the head/chest congestion she has right now, or a combination of the two. We are seeing the pulmonologist (breathing doc) tomorrow and there will be discussion about whether mommy wants to go on a ventilator. There will likely also be discussion on the need for a feeding tube as she has not eaten in several days.

We knew we would be here, we just didn't ever want to be. Please pray.

12 Shared:

At Tuesday, August 10, 2010 6:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I ache for you guys. Prayer is all I have and I know He knows just what you need. God comfort, strengthen and hold you close to His heart. Love, Teresa Mathia

 
At Tuesday, August 10, 2010 7:17:00 PM, Anonymous Marie Left a thought...

Flooding the gates with prayer for Frances and the family.

 
At Tuesday, August 10, 2010 7:18:00 PM, Blogger Deb Left a thought...

My heart is crying out for you guys. God is. That's all --He just is. He is all that you need. Praying for you!!!

 
At Tuesday, August 10, 2010 7:28:00 PM, Blogger Teresa Left a thought...

I just discovered your blog tonight. My heart aches for your family.

I have added a link to your blog on Playing With Angels - Layla Grace.

My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

http://www.playingwithangels.com

 
At Tuesday, August 10, 2010 7:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

It is not your words that fill us with such deep sadness and longing to know how to stop it. It is the thing that your words describe. The thing that we are "watching" is a deeply personal experience being journaled. Could it be that the earlier tragedies you have been sent gave you the strength to do this, because this diary is an awesome creation, you two. God bless you and your family. Be well.

 
At Tuesday, August 10, 2010 7:49:00 PM, Blogger Amc Left a thought...

Lifting all of you in prayer.. these words came to mind when I read this-
"I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to You
and raised me up again
my strength is almost gone how can I carry on
if I can't find You
and as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm "

God Bless you Frances and Scott-
Sending love and constant prayers,
Allie

 
At Tuesday, August 10, 2010 8:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Thoughts and prayers with you.

 
At Wednesday, August 11, 2010 8:49:00 AM, Anonymous Darlene Left a thought...

May the God of all comfort Comfort You! Love and Prayers for you as you bring Him glory, leaning on His power and strength.

 
At Wednesday, August 11, 2010 1:35:00 PM, Blogger Vicki Left a thought...

This is pain that I cannot imagine. My heart breaks for all of you. Lifting you up to your Father who loves you, for comfort, strength and courage.

 
At Wednesday, August 11, 2010 4:50:00 PM, Anonymous Aunt Annie Left a thought...

Keeping you all close to my heart and in my prayers. You are never far from my mind. AA

 
At Wednesday, August 11, 2010 7:31:00 PM, Blogger Rebekah Christine Left a thought...

Mommy is in the hospital. We can't post new posts from the iPhone but we can comment.

At this point we still have no clue what's ahead. We expect that there is some infection or something that we will be able to treat and she will get out of here sometime in the future. It may be on a ventilator after a tracheotomy and a feeding tube put in, but at least for now we expect to leave here alive. 

 
At Wednesday, August 11, 2010 9:43:00 PM, Anonymous Darlene Left a thought...

Thank you for being so generous to share updates. God knows your needs, but what a privilege it is to lift you up to Him!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...