Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Saturday, November 28, 2009



Thankfulness

There are many things that I am thankful for...

I am thankful that Rebekah's scans showed no evidence of disease and are stable. Those are always good words to hear. Her endocrine labs look good and we won't be making any changes to the medications right now. She grew 2 cm in the last three months.

I am thankful for my voice. That I am able to sing praise to my God, to read stories to my girls and so many other things...

I am thankful for girls who want to help Mommy and aren't afraid of the equipment that comes to our house (like the wheelchair, scooter, walker, cane, etc...) Rebekah wants me to go to the hospital to get all better. Oh if only it were that simple. I am thankful for girls who want to give to others. We put together two shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child for girls about my girls ages who won't get much in the way of Christmas presents.

I am thankful for a husband who loves me no matter what. One who takes me places and gets the scooter or wheelchair in and out of the van and hauls the bags in and out of the house and does so many of the things that I just can't do anymore.

I am thankful for friends and family. They call to see how we're doing, bring food, offer to come and help with whatever needs done, offer specific things or to help with specific tasks.

I am thankful for the peace that comes in knowing that when my time on earth is done, I will be in heaven with my God and my Saviour and there is no better place. I also know that my God is a God of comfort and He will be with the family I leave behind.

I am thankful for friends around the world who pray for me and my family. Friends who we've met and friends we have never met.

I am thankful for medicines that can help us feel better and fix some of our problems. I am thankful for researchers who are looking for cures for cancer and als. Both girls have coughs, so they are on cough medicines. I am on many medications.

It has been a rough week, so please continue to lift us up in prayers.

6 Shared:

At Saturday, November 28, 2009 8:00:00 AM, Blogger Sara Left a thought...

We are sure Thankful for you!

 
At Saturday, November 28, 2009 9:45:00 AM, Blogger Debbie Left a thought...

I am thankful that our family has come to know yours. Out of Rebekah's tough time, something very, very good came...

 
At Sunday, November 29, 2009 11:04:00 AM, Blogger Avozinha Left a thought...

And I thank God for you, whom I have never met or will probably ever meet, living on another continent (I am in Portugal, Europe..., with so much to suffer for and having so many Thanks in your mouth... You are a living lesson for so many of us! Thank you and may He continue with you!

 
At Sunday, November 29, 2009 3:01:00 PM, Blogger Deb Left a thought...

This morning in church, our pastor preached a sermon on how God is glorified in our faith. Throughout the entire sermon, I couldn't help but think of you - and how much faith you have exhibited in the face of such adversity. And God certainly gets the glory - as you continue to glorify Him. Frances, you can't possibly know how many hearts you touch through your words of faith. I sit here amazed - with tears in my eyes...I never will understand why - but have to trust that God remains sovreign. I know that He holds you in the palm of His hand.

...praying for you always!
Sending a hug! Love, Deb

 
At Monday, November 30, 2009 1:55:00 PM, Blogger Kara Chupp Left a thought...

As always...I struggle to know what to write...there are no "make it better words"...

...Just words of thankfulness for you and Scott and your girls.
...for your role in Selah's adoption, your kindness throughout her death, and for walking with us through Lydi's adoption.

...Just my own thankfulness for your choice to be thankful in the midst of so much heartache.
...and thankfulness that you and Scott know God and love Him. That you know with certainty, as we do, that there is more after all this.

We love your family and do honestly pray for you all.
With Love,
Kara for Chuppies

 
At Sunday, December 13, 2009 12:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Dear Frances, I pray for you and your family. I feel speechless. The only words that come... I love you and I love your family.
Teresa M.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...