Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Little More Info - Stitches

Mommy and Daddy were in the kitchen and the girls had just taken some tin cans to the recycling. They came in the front door and were walking across the living room pergo floor whenwe heard a horrible THUD! The kind that comes with a pit-of-your-stomach feeling that something is not right. The kind that immediately is followed by the most gruesome painful scream that only a child can make. Within minutes we were on our way to the hospital. A 45-55 minute trip that lasted something just less than 30 minutes.

Here is what Rebekah looked like when we got to the hospital. Daddy had cleaned up a lot but there was no way he was going to be able to "fix" this one:

And here is what it looked like about 2 hours later:

She pretty much screamed at the top of her lungs for about 3-4 hours. EVERYTHING set her off. We had a great nurse in the ED that had worked with us when we were in-treatment. She remembered Rebekah and Sarah and treated us well. The surgical doc that sewed her up was pretty cool. Rebekah kept screaming that she wanted to go "bye bye bed" (which means to have transport come take her in the hospital bed) to the 3rd floor (where we used to stay) so she could spend the night. She kept asking, nay demanding, for "tubes" (an IV) to be placed in her hand so she could stay. She threw an absolute fit when she found out we were not staying and had to come home. The nurses that didn't know her all got a kick out of this little girl who was screaming and crying to STAY in the hospital.

And now this morning she is looking forward to going to church to show off her stitches. What a trooper.

2 Shared:

At Monday, June 22, 2009 6:39:00 AM, Anonymous Darlene Left a thought...

A "normal" trip to the hospital...thank God! :)

At Tuesday, June 23, 2009 2:13:00 PM, Blogger Char Left a thought...

Poor little sweetheart! Hope she's feeling better!


Post a Comment

Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...