Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Tuesday, February 14, 2006



Please Read On...

We know that many of you are waiting on results. I can tell you with absolute assurance that none of you are as anxious as we were (and in some ways still are).

The first thing that we want made very clear is that we serve an Awesome God. We have made it through this far by His grace and by His strength. Many of you have said that you don't know how we do it. We do not and could not do it on our own. Only by what God has given us, directly and through the support of so many of you all, have we made it this far. In what is probably the largest emotional outburst we have had since this first started we are able to say that Rebekah is cancer free.

The scans were all clear. The little bit of "something" we saw in the one CT Scan was likely due to the way she was lying or the way her lung was compressed. Every other scan shows "nothing remarkable" from head to toe. That is in fact VERY remarkable. When asked what difference allows them to declare her "cancer free" in the scans now when the scans back in July did not show anything and yet they would not say the same thing. The answer was "because now you have been through all of the treatment." We can do nothing but let man's logic slip aside on that.

There is no limiting the joy that we are feeling right now. But I must say that the joy is felt in and amongst every other bit of emotion that one could muster. We have cried, laughed and then cried again for 5 hours now.

We do not want to limit anyone else's joy right now either but we learned long and hard back in July that things can be taken out of context if we are not clear so clear we must be. It was emphasized that Rebekah's odd's of survival/recurrence are no better now that she is cancer free. The next scans (3 months) or any scan thereafter for the next 4 years are more likely than not going to show a recurrence. But we cannot dwell on that and must enjoy her freedom.

The side effects are also something that we are not free from. HOWEVER, the doctor did make it very clear that she was "surprised" at how Rebekah has "skated through this" without many many more complications. She was surprised that we have not seen more of the complications already. They can still come, but they have expected many more of them all ready. Again, God is answering so many of your prayers and protecting this wonderful little girl from these awful side effects.

We still have a lot to go through, such as a full optical exam under anesthetic next Tuesday to look at vision and correct tear duct issues, a dentist specializing in radiology who we are trying to make an appointment with right now, an ENT to take care of the bone and skin surgeries need, other "ongoing" side effects, monthly scans, and.... From here we are going to need your help and prayers as we get through these things. We will still keep you updated and will do a post in the next few days detailing what is up coming so please keep looking for it.

But for right now we have turned a corner. We are enjoying our cancer free time. We are rejoicing. And we are praising God. Our little Rebekah IS A CANCER SURVIVOR!!!!!!!!!!

Update 8:40 PM
Rebekah just before bed tonight. She is wearing both mommy and daddy's bracelets. Bracelets that we promised many months ago would not come off until Rebekah was cancer free. Bracelets that we praise God Rebekah was able to take off of us herself. We will still wear new bracelets in support of all of the kids but it is very special for these two to be off of us. I don't know what we will do with them but I pray ferverently that these special ones never have to come on again. Quite honestly there were many times that I was afraid mine would not come off until I placed it in her coffin.

Just for a sense of perspective. We recommend reading the April 2005 Archives (read from the bottom up) which is where this all began.

68 Shared:

At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 5:38:00 PM, Blogger steve Left a thought...

I just got your phone call Scott and I AM THRILLED BEYOND BELIEF!!! REBEKAH IS A CHAMP!!!

OUR GOD IS AN AMAZING GOD!!! I know it was the amount of prayer that went out from faithful people. What a testimony to the power of Christ!

It is beyond words!

love you guys!

GOD IS GOOD!!!!!
GOD IS GOOD!!!!!

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 6:06:00 PM, Blogger Di Left a thought...

OH MY GOSH. Literally, Thank GOD! I am so glad for all of you. God Bless!

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 6:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

WONDERFUL...WONDERFUL....WONDERFUL

Praise the Lord!

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 6:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Overjoyed!!! Thank you Lord. We rejoice at this good news. I am so so happy for you all and just thrilled for little Rebekah!!! She's such a tuff little girl!!! And yes she is a cancer survivor!!

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 7:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Our God TRULY is an AWESOME God! We are praising Him with you!

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 7:50:00 PM, Blogger Valerie Left a thought...

With tears in my eyes, all I can say is "Thank you, Lord". I can't believe how much you guys have come to mean to me over the past few months. Wow. What joyful news!

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 8:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

As tears of joy flow from my eyes I am praising God with you for answered prayers. What a Blessed day. Leanne from Pa.

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 8:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Well, hallelujah! Praise our mighty and awsome God! Rebekah joins Rachel (Betty's grand-daughter) as a cancer survivor! What an awesome answer to prayer. However, we know and understand that it's not over until it's over... so are continuing to keep you all in prayer. May the days ahead bring much joy and laughter and times of rest and refreshing. So, so happy for you all.
Love,
Jo Petersen (and Betty Crowthers)

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 8:47:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a thought...

I am so excited. It's 10:43, and I just want to wake the kids and yell, "Rebekah is cancer free!" But, they are going to rejoice with me in the morning at breakfast time.

I don't know what else to say, I'm going to just start praying and the words will come. And I'm emailing Jeff right now too.

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 8:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

How nice to be feeling tears of joy right now as I read your post. I know that some times when we pray He must answer with a "no, dear child" but it feels so good to hear a "yes" to our prayers and for now, and hopefully for a long time to come, dear litte Rebekah and her family are "cancer free"!! Horray!!!
Great big happy hugs,
Your web friend,
Molly

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

AWESOME!!! I am praising God with you. I have been with you daily for several months. It is so good to know that our God is still in the healing business...and I will continue to pray from Tennessee.

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:34:00 PM, Blogger Sarah Left a thought...

I am so glad to hear it. A cancer SURVIVOR! Please give her a hug! And know that there are many people (strangers like myself) thinking and praying for you daily.

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I read your blog right after you posted it,but I was so overcome with relief and joy for you I just had to let it soak in and read it again tonight. HALLELUJIAH, Praise Him, Praise Him, all Glory be to God!!!! Now let us wait and see what more He will do for Rebekah.

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 10:35:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie Left a thought...

Praise GOD!!!

Congratulations!

Yipeeeeeee!!!!

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 10:49:00 PM, Blogger Deb Left a thought...

It is ALL I can do to keep from SHOUTING Praises to God! (I'm trying my best not to do so - since it's 1:30am my time and Randy and Olivia are sleeping.) (But I can dance! - And I did!)

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!!!!! Earlier this evening, a friend of mine said that when it's God - there are no words....and there are no words to describe what I'm feeling at this moment!

I REJOICE WITH YOU - and will continue to pray that you will recognize the Lord's presence every step of the way as you continue through this stuff --just as He has been with you thus far.

YEAH REBEKAH!! Awesome photo of you sporting those bracelets!

God is good. All the time.
Hallelujah!
Love and Hugs,
Deb

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

What an AWESOME GOD we have!!!! :)
I just heard the news!
Thank you JESUS!
enjoy this day!
and the days to come
will be here praying, LORD (willing)
huggsssssssss
janice

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I was so overjoyed to wake up to your wonderful news ! Every morning before I go to work I read about Rebekah and PRAY that she recovers and this news shows just how wonderful our Father in Heaven is ! Praise the Lord !

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 3:43:00 AM, Blogger Julie Q Left a thought...

Such wonderful news. :)

I will continue to keep Rebekah and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Yay!!

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 4:33:00 AM, Blogger Valerie Left a thought...

I came back again this morning just to re-read your post, and I am so glad I did. I love that picture of Rebekah - the smile on her face says it all!

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 6:40:00 AM, Blogger Katie Left a thought...

Thanksgivings and praises were lifted up as soon as I heard. What a blessing in answered prayer for Rebekah, Scott, Frances, and Sarah. Your family is still on my heart and in my prayers as you begin this new path with joyous rejoicing.

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 6:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Praise God! We are so happy for all of you. Rebekah is amazing....

Our daily prayers were answered.

Thank you God.

The Stricklen Family
Cleveland, OH.

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 6:58:00 AM, Blogger Corry Left a thought...

Amen!!!
Praise the Lord and may He continue to bless and protect your little girl from this disease in the future.

God's Grace.

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Was rereading your blog and realized that this gift came from God on Valentine's Day. Who can top what God has done with His special gift of love to Rebekah and to you all? Happiest of Valentines blessings and many more outpourings of His love, giving witness to all what He has done and will continue to do for this family who loves and serves Him.

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:12:00 AM, Blogger Alison Left a thought...

PRAISE GOD!!!!!! Prayers will continue on....

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Congratulations Adam's family! We are praising God and thanking him for a miracle. We are sooo happy for you! Way to go God and great fight Rebekah! My mom has been praying and has pictures of Rebekah w/ the twins on their last b-day, they are scrolling on her screensaver...she sends hugs and blessings and rejoices too from UT.

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Relief...Joy. Will continue our prayers for healing. Will continue wearing Rebekah's bracelet in support of all kids with cancer.
Mikalow Family

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:35:00 AM, Blogger Hero Left a thought...

Thank you God. I've been coming here daily for several months now and truly praying that you would all make it to this point.

I will continue to pray for cancer-free scans but doing the thankful dance here in NH.

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:49:00 AM, Blogger k8 Left a thought...

just the news i needed to hear today!

so happy.

xok8

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 8:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

When I got your call Scott I wish I wasn't driving, because I wanted to fall to me knees and look up to heaven and thank our Awesome God. Instead I had chills and a real sense of joy. It wasn't until 4:30am that I awoke with all of you on my mind and repeated THANK YOU GOD! THANK YOU GOD! as tears rolled down my face. Rebekah is a cancer survivor!!!
Thank you for sharing and allowing me to be a part of your lives.
THANK YOU GOD!

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 8:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

This is just awesome! You don't know me, but I found Rebekah's blog through Eva Marie's months ago & I, my husband, and Eva have all been praying for her for quite some time. My father found out he had cancer in the summer of 2000 and is now a cancer survivor himself.

I recently started a blog and have a link to Rebekah's blog there. I & many others will continue to pray for complete healing.

Take care,
BK

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 10:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Praise God!!!! Hallelujah!!!!
That is WONDERFUL news!!!!
I will continue to pray for the many other needs.
Char in NC

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 10:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Rejoicing with you on the WONDERFUL news. Hugs -

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 12:14:00 PM, Blogger Unknown Left a thought...

That is wonderful! Praise God!!!!

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 12:23:00 PM, Blogger Rulan Left a thought...

WOW. So very cool. We have such an awesome, awesome God. I cannot find the words to say how great this news is. God bless you all and may the Lord bring a complete healing.

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 12:25:00 PM, Blogger Joy Left a thought...

truly amazing.

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 12:38:00 PM, Blogger Robyn Left a thought...

I don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said, but we are SO happy for you and your family. We will continue to pray for healing from side effects and that Rebekah will be cancer free forever! Please continue to update us via this blog on occasion, it helps to remember to be praying often for Rebekah, and for your family too!

Robyn

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 3:49:00 PM, Blogger bookwormaddict Left a thought...

WOW! I'm so excited over here for all of you! I'm just praising God over here like CRAZY!!!!! I know there is still a long way to go, and yet I know we all can't help, but thanking God for answering our prayers!!!!!

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 4:18:00 PM, Blogger The other me Left a thought...

This one little girl has turned so many people to prayer, made so many of us to think about our families and our many blessings, now we can all thank the Lord that her blessings are coming to her, may they continue to come thick and fast and may we all continue to give thanks for her continued recovery, watch her gain strength and read about the joy and happiness that your family deserve. I am so thrilled with this news, can't wait to read about Rebekah and Sarah sepnding lots of time at home together with mommy and daddy doing every day things that the rest of us take so much for granted!

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 4:25:00 PM, Blogger JodiTucker Left a thought...

YES!! AMEN!! YIPPEE!! This is the most joyous news.....Thank you, Lord!!

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 4:36:00 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie Left a thought...

Thank You Jesus!!!!!

Yay Rebekah! You go girl...show them what you're made of! :o)

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:21:00 PM, Blogger Queen on the run Left a thought...

I have tears in my eyes and chills on my entire body!! YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!
REBEKAH IS A CHAMP!
GOD IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:53:00 PM, Blogger Jenny Left a thought...

Praise God! Praise Him! God is so good.

Bless all of you during this amazing time. Bless you for not giving up or giving in.

Praise God!

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 8:42:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht Left a thought...

51 comments rejoicing and counting. This is truly a day to celebrate.

I left a reply to Scott at Jeff's think sink.

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 9:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Thank God!
What wonderful news!
Many hugs to the beautiful Rebekah!
--Annika

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 1:03:00 AM, Blogger Lora Left a thought...

I am so overwhelmed with joy with tears streaming down my face. How wonderful and beautiful you are Rebekah, what a trooper you have been and now you are a true survivor. A cancer survivor....what a beautiful ring that has to it. Scott and Frances what incredible parents you are and Sarah, an awesome little sister! I'm looking forward to more good news in the future.
Take care and big big hugs to all of you from me and Griffin :)

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 1:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

What fantastic news!!! Praise the Lord!!!!! Woohoo!!!!
Kaje

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 10:08:00 AM, Blogger Katie Left a thought...

I just like coming back to look at that beautiful face and her sweet smile

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 10:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I am in tears too just reading those wonderful words. The Lord is so precious and gracious!

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 11:03:00 AM, Blogger Professor Jeff Left a thought...

May the G-d of goodness continue to show you miracles and bring glory to the Father. May the presence of G-d be upon you and your family and restore peace and physical rest. BadAlice, me, and my whole family praying for you.

Shalom.

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 12:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Praise God, prayers will continue!!

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 1:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Oh Dear Family! We pray that you all are getting to rest and relax in each others arms now. We continue to pray here in Tennessee and Georgia for the strength you all continue to need. We feel like you all are family and have got a miracle!

Hugs from Tennessee and Georgia

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 2:31:00 PM, Blogger Bugsy Left a thought...

Scott, Francis, I am so happy for you and Rebekah. The long haul paid off. I truely wish I could have been there to help along the way.

All of you are proof that God exists. You are, and have been an inspiration for so many.

Someday, I want to meet your little trooper!

Best of wishes!
--------------------
Brian Gardner
http://twogardners.blogspot.com

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 2:40:00 PM, Blogger Cori Left a thought...

I have never seen a picture so beautiful. Thank you.

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 5:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Hi Rebekah and family
Sening hugs and prayers for all,but especially for that beautiful little girl.God bless her and all of you.

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 8:02:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H Left a thought...

Can't stop thinkin' 'bout this.

:-)

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:24:00 PM, Blogger trisha Left a thought...

wow! Praise God! I am absolutely thrilled. What an awesome God, What an awesome God!

 
At Friday, February 17, 2006 3:39:00 AM, Blogger Danny Sims Left a thought...

I am weeping here. Can't type. I pray for you all. Prasie God.

 
At Friday, February 17, 2006 6:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

PRAISE GOD HE has healed her!

 
At Friday, February 17, 2006 10:22:00 AM, Blogger Heather/SHTEZQ Left a thought...

praise god he is good huh? congrats give her a big hug from my family.

 
At Friday, February 17, 2006 11:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Wonderful news!

 
At Friday, February 17, 2006 3:49:00 PM, Blogger Rebekah Christine Left a thought...

Oh, we are still here. Just trying to let the good news settle on the taste buds a bit. That is before we hit you with the REST of the good news... Coming Soon To A Blog Near You.

 
At Friday, February 17, 2006 5:15:00 PM, Blogger Ileana Left a thought...

This is wonderful news! God has been faithful and given you a miracle. I had been praying for her and sharing the story with my own kids. They prayed, too! Great photo of Rebekah with the bracelets. Post some more! We'll be back!

Enjoy your family! God is awesome, isn't He?

 
At Friday, February 17, 2006 10:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

More good news? How much better can it get? I'm still rejoiceing and Praising God that Rebekah is cancer free. Love you guys and still praying here in Pa. Leanne

 
At Saturday, February 18, 2006 8:10:00 PM, Blogger Katrina Left a thought...

WOW!!! I am so excited for all of you! Big hugs to you and your entire family.

 
At Sunday, February 19, 2006 12:54:00 AM, Blogger Deb Left a thought...

I wanted to reiterate that I'M STILL REJOICING!!!!

and....I can't wait to read the "REST of the good news"!!!

....drum roll please.....

:)
Deb

 
At Sunday, February 19, 2006 11:42:00 AM, Blogger Jennifer Left a thought...

here for the first time, from sugarloaf mountain's blog. What amazing news! i can only imagine the joy you have at this time. i will pray for you and your family as you get through these following tests/scans/procedures!
God Bless you all!

 
At Saturday, February 25, 2006 11:31:00 PM, Blogger Christina K Brown Left a thought...

God is good indeed!!!!!


Blessings!

 
At Saturday, March 04, 2006 5:43:00 PM, Blogger Andi Left a thought...

That is so amazing. I haven't been able to get over to this page for a while...not very active on the Internet lately due to much work/stress. Anyway....Tammy's blog (The Daily Warrior) told me....I am so happy about this!!!!

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...