Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Friday, September 30, 2005



Bye Bye, Socks, Shoes and a Hat

We had another rough night but today had a bit of a reprieve in it.  Rebekah was actually doing pretty well today.  Grandpa and Grandma came out today for a few hours.  Grandpa helped with the tractor and Grandma took care of the girls while mommy got a little bit of rest.  That was really nice.  

Tonight, about 5:45, I asked Sarah if she want to go to my seminar tomorrow, to go “bye bye” with daddy.  Rebekah heard that and sat up and took her covers off.  She started signing socks, shoes and hat and asking to have her tubes disconnected.  To see her want so bad to get up was both wonderful and extremely sad.  I started bawling and Rebekah crawled over to me, put her head in my chest and started reaching around me patting my back.  That little girl has such a heart.

Well, regardless of how bad her immune system is there was no chance of NOT going out seeing how bad she wanted it.  We packed up the girls and took an hour trip to Fred Meyer where we could just walk up and down the isles, especially the toy isles, and let the girls look at things.  We had a few dollars left on a gift card someone gave us and we bought Rebekah a Dora The Explorer outfit that was out for Halloween.  We don’t do Halloween but if Rebekah wants to look like Dora every day she sure can!  

We saw some friends we have not seen in a while and she looked at Rebekah and asked “Is this one of her bad days?”  It was pretty difficult to tell her this is the best Rebekah has looked and acted in quite a while.  I guess it is all in your perspective.  

7 Shared:

At Saturday, October 01, 2005 12:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Philippians 1
"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy"

Scott and Frances,
I was thinking of you on my way to church, since I had been unable to "check in" all day to see how Rebekah was doing. We are Starting the study of Phillipians, and as soon as we read this verse, again, you were on my heart. I prayed for you all throughout the service, and just as I was walking out, my phone rang.. IT WAS FRANCES!! God is SO good.. He had put you on my heart, and there you were!
I am SO glad Rebekah is showing some enthusiasm, Praise GOD for giving her a little 'spark' tonight and getting you all out of the house! Stay strong, you remain in our prayers!

 
At Saturday, October 01, 2005 12:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Here is me smiling :-) to hear that you all got to go out for some fun together, glad that mommy got some rest, bet you look real cute as, Dora the Explorer babydoll, please give your sis and mommy and daddy huggs from me!
great day
huggs from mmissouri

 
At Saturday, October 01, 2005 4:06:00 AM, Blogger Alison Left a thought...

Glad to hear of some positives!

 
At Saturday, October 01, 2005 5:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

To be reminded to be ever mindful and grateful for all the simple joys in life. That is how I feel reading your blog today. Jesus, thank you for every joy and blessing in their lives and for reminding us to always appreciate everything you do for all of your children. I pray a hedge of your protection around their home as you continue to pour out your power,your strength and your blessings on this family. God, I know you love them so very much. Thank you God. Amen.

 
At Saturday, October 01, 2005 8:37:00 AM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie Left a thought...

Just wanted to say that I haven't been posting comments for a little while now, but I am still a faithful reader of this blog. I am still praying for Rebekah and mommy and daddy and sister too.

So glad that you were able to take the girls out for a little while. Hope Mommy is able to get some rest from time to time too. I pray for that. I pray that Daddy can get rest as well. I pray so much for little Rebekah, not knowing all the time what she needs prayer for, but knowing that Jesus knows exactly what she needs and will intercede.

 
At Saturday, October 01, 2005 9:07:00 AM, Blogger JodiTucker Left a thought...

Not only does Rebekah have a heart, but she has been blessed with "God-given spunk".....In amongst all the vomitting, the meds, the radiation and chemo treatments,and the awfulness of cancer, she wants to live! She wants to check out the world.
You all are continually in my thoughts and prayers daily.
I do not see how you do it.
It can only be God getting you through one day, one hour at a time. God, please, please help them rest and heal Rebekah!
Love, Jodi---in OH

 
At Saturday, October 01, 2005 5:53:00 PM, Blogger Jenny Left a thought...

Oh Praise God for his merciful blessings to your family.

Yes it's all in perspective and people just don't know what to say or how to say it in difficult situations. Sometimes they just say dumb things and don't realize exactly what they are saying.

Praise God for giving you this time together doing something "fun" even if it was a lot of extra work for Mommy and Daddy... just to see their girls smile and have fun.

**hugs** for all of you.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...