Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.
____________________________________

Wednesday, September 28, 2005



No Truer Words Could Be Spoken

On Monday April (Josh’s Mom) wrote:

To be honest, I’m digging in my heels, I’m overwhelmed, I’m whiney, I’m exhausted, I keep asking for a nurse at home, but…probably to no avail. It amazes me how much the medical community expects parents to take on…without a medical background…without the idea that we are EXHAUSTED and SPENT EMOTIONALLY and are already SPREAD TOO THIN! I NEED HELP! Ok, enough said.

I am repeating it here for two reasons:  1) it is EXACTLY how we feel (except that we are at least blessed with a little bit of a medical background), and more importantly 2) please pray for them – a lot!

8 Shared:

At Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

can i help you guys tomorrow afternoon? anything, you name it. Caron modernapp@opusnet.com

 
At Wednesday, September 28, 2005 10:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Dear Father, Please grant this family some rest and some peace in their wonderful Hearts. Gracious Lord, we ask you to place your healing and comforting hands on our beautiful Rebekah, and on her wonderful parents. Lord, Give them the strength only you can, In your Holy Holy Name, Amen..

I can come out Friday afternoon, will that help?? I would guess you have help on the weekends (if not, I am THERE), if Friday doesn't work for you, I can make/take time Monday.. You know how to reach me!!! Love and Hugs to all!!!!!

 
At Thursday, September 29, 2005 4:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

I wish so much that I could be there to help you all.

May Rebekah's mommy find a way to get some rest and peace. I think of her every day. I am awed by her strength and her stamina. Please know that this mommy is thinking of her everyday.

May Rebekah find comfort in the loving family that holds her close even as their hearts break.

Hang in there, daddy.

 
At Thursday, September 29, 2005 5:12:00 AM, Blogger Jenny Left a thought...

Amen to these prayers. I will keep on praying for all the sick kiddos and their parents.

**hugs** for mommy and daddy

 
At Thursday, September 29, 2005 5:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Feeling emotional right along with you. Still here with prayer support for you all. Love,Teresa

 
At Thursday, September 29, 2005 12:48:00 PM, Blogger JodiTucker Left a thought...

Just read the last two blog posts.
I wish I was not three time zones away. Then I would help you on weekends. I am soooooooooo praying for you all. God help them, please, we ask this of You....for rest, rest, more rest, for healing, for Sarah's growth, for Your peace in the midst of this awful cancer treatment, Lord we ask your help.

 
At Thursday, September 29, 2005 8:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Left a thought...

Merciful Lord, Guide this family, strengthen them, and ease Rebekah's pain and continue to guide her healing. Lord, give them more moments of joy and happiness then of sorrow, and fill them up as only you can. In your Name, Amen..
Much love, Hope to see you soon,Allie

 
At Friday, September 30, 2005 5:48:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H Left a thought...

I know what you're talking about. It is more a function of managed care (read: insurance companies) than it is of the medical profession, however. And it will probably only get worse (hate to say it), because several of the largest insurance companies are in the process of settling a HUGE class-action lawsuit filed on behalf of over 950,000 (yes, you read that right) physicians, for under-reimbursing. We're talking multiple hundreds of millions of dollars the insurance companies will be paying out to settle. Think they'll be upping their coverage for the patients anytime soon?

That aside, though, prayers continue for Rebekah, Sarah, mom and dad.

 

Post a Comment


Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...