Visit Rebekah's Page to get updates, read messages and send messages to Rebekah and her family through comments. This is a public "diary" of a family whose little girl started a battle with inoperable cancer in April 2005. In December 2007 our house burned down. And in September 2009 Mommy was diagnosed with a terminal disease (a genetic form of ALS) that took her to Heaven in July, 2011, leaving Daddy and two young girls to make it on their own. Over several years of ups and downs, you will get into our hearts, minds and souls as we share joys and sorrows. It can sometimes be very difficult to read. We hope it is also uplifting. Please find joy in what you read here.

Thursday, July 26, 2007


...what a week.

Yesterday (Wednesday) Grandma M. was released from the hospital - to a Rehabilitation Center. She fell and broke her leg seriously on Sunday coming home from camping and was ambulanced to the ER. Monday was surgery with one plate and 8 screws put into her leg. Tuesday and Wednesday were hospital recovery and then a trip to the Rehab Center. We are not sure how long she will be there, only time will tell. Mommy and Rebekah got to go see her today and she seemed to be settling in okay.

We were supposed to be off camping today with a wonderful group that has been very supportive of us as a family and daddy's practice as well over the last several years. Northwest Adoptive Families Association. With all that was going on and us not being able to be home or get as much work done the beginning of the week we had to put that off until tomorrow. Today was spent by daddy working in the office and then working on the trailer.

It has been 18 months since Rebekah was in treatment. That means 18 months since living (and working) in the trailer in the hospital. That also means an entire camping season last year with the trailer still being set up like an office. Today we removed most of the remaining office items from the trailer. It is a scarry feeling and quite honestly I am afraid of some sort of jinx that might come with it. Especially since Rebekah's next set of scans are coming up in two weeks.

Anyway, we will be off tomorrow morning for a few days. The weather looks like it should be good and the girls are excited. It should be a good time.

0 Shared:

Post a Comment

Thank you from Rebekah...

Back to Rebekahs home page...